My Favourite Shows
I need to come up with better titles.
This is what it says on the tin! A list of my absolute favourite TV shows.
And Youtube channels.
Also plays, theatre + live performances.
Listen, it’s comprehensive.
THE TV LIST:
- Broadchurch – Devastating British detective show. Three seasons, all interconnected. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. (TW: child abuse, child murder)
- Chernobyl – Chronicles the Chernobyl nuclear meltdown. I watched it twice, back-to-back. Incredibly intense but very, very good. (TW: suicide)
- The Untamed – Chinese drama, based off a BL book (the show isn’t explicit due to censorship). Very funny. Also tragic. Has a happy ending though!
- In The Flesh – Gay zombies. Literally. I loved this. Sadly it was cancelled after the second season but still worth the watch.
- The Witcher – The Witcher 3 is one of my favourite video games ever, so when they announced the show I awaited with baited breath to see if it was any good. Spoiler: it is.
- Dracula – I enjoyed this SO much. It’s only 3 episodes but they are SO fun and camp.
- Brooklyn 99 – The show where every joke makes me laugh out loud.
- Good Omens – Based on the Neil Gaiman + Terry Pratchet novel. 6 episodes, an unbelievably good adaption.
- Pride and Prejudice (BBC) – Yes, the one with Colin Firth and the lake. I have a weakness for P&P, as you will see.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender – Arguably the greatest kids show of all time. I rewatched recently and it still hits all the right places.
- Miranda – One of the funniest sitcoms ever. I adore Miranda Hart.
- The Daily Show (Jon Stewart and Trevor Noah) – On point political commentary and jokes.
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency – Adored the first season, haven’t watched the second.
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood – A very excellent anime that I plan on rewatching soon. Alchemy, magic + mystery.
- Shark Week – Sharks are my favourite animal. Shark week is my favourite week of the year.
- Yuri On Ice – Gay iceskating anime. But also so much more. It’s very enjoyable. I watched this twice back-to-back too, once the English dub and the Japanese sub.
- Ghost Adventures – 4 men have adventures looking for ghosts and demons. Doco series. I will not be answering questions about this.
- Much Ado About Nothing (BBC) – I am a SUCKER for any and all versions of Much Ado About Nothing. This one’s a modern day adaption set in a TV studio. Please. Please watch it. I still howl with laughter and cry hysterically.
THE MOVIE LIST
- Pride and Prejudice – Oh look, P&P again! This time it’s the movie with Keira Knightley. Adore it. Prefer the US ending though.
- Iron Man – I would die for Tony Stark
- Captain America: Winter Soldier – This is a truly good movie. Also the soundtrack.
- Thor: Ragnarok – An ode to New Zealand and Australia by Taika Waititi. Funny, COLOURFUL, interesting.
- Godzilla – All of them. The original Toho films, the American remakes (yes, even that remake). I really love Godzilla.
- Harry Potter – Disclaimer: whilst we love Harry Potter, do not support J.K. Rowling.
- How To Train Your Dragon – Dragons. Disability. Love.
- Mulan – The animated version, but am looking forward to watching the live action remake!
- The Jungle Book (2016) – I REALLY enjoyed the live action remake of this. It’s funny and endearing.
- The Princess and the Frog – The movie that ignited my love affair with Gumbo.
- The Lion King – The animated version. Obviously.
- Pacific Rim – Mmmmm Kaijus and robots. Yes.
- The Conjuring – I truly enjoyed both Conjuring films. Scary AND interesting.
- The Proposal – If a movie has two characters who initially hate each other but eventually fall in love, I am destined to adore it.
- Star Wars – 4, 5 and 6 are my faves.
THE YOUTUBE LIST
- The Lizzie Bennet Diaries – Ohohoho Pride and Prejudice, here you are again! A modern day remake.
- Game Grumps – The grumpiest let’s play you’ll ever watch. Love those guys, Danny and Arnold.
- Watcher – Steven Lim, Shane Madej and Ryan Bergara get up to all sorts of spooky and hilarious shenanigans.
- Buzzfeed Unsolved – Hosted by Ryan Bergara and Shane Madej, there’s two versions: Supernatural and True Crime.
- Unus Annus – A channel with Markiplier and Crankplaysgames. This is only up for 1 year. Memento Mori.
- Matthew Posa – Camping! In the Canadian wilderness! With his dog Monty!
- Daniel Thrasher – Comedy piano bits
- Dogen – Comedy Japanese bits
- Loey Lane – Creepy TikToks, spooky stories, gorgeous Instagram
- Jenna Marbles – Jenna’s taking a break from YT but her content is funny and creative!
- Zeltik – Zelda theories!
- Nintendo Black Crisis – More Zelda theories!
- Garrett Watts – I don’t… Know how to describe Garrett. Wildly talented, very fun, super creative.
- Daniel Howell – He hasn’t uploaded in a very long time, but I’ll always hold a spot in my heart for Dan (and Phil).
- Corridor Crew – special effects, CGI, digital art
- Jacob Geller – Critical essays. I highly recommend his videos: Control, Anatomy, and the Legacy of the Haunted House, Artificial Loneliness, Fear of Depths, Why Do Horror Games Sound So Beautiful? and, The Quiet Sadness of Mario Galaxy.
- And That’s Why We Drink (podcast) – True crime and supernatural. My favourite ever podcast.
THE PLAY, THEATRE + LIVE PERFORMANCE LIST
- Much Ado About Nothing – Okay. So you would think given my love for Much Ado About Nothing, the fact that this came out in 2011 and that it stars David Tennant and Catherine Tate that I would have been on this from the get go. Nope. I watched this three hour play for the first time last year. And then I rewatched it every day for about a week, no joke. Please. Please watch this. It’s so good.
- Hamilton – I mean, obviously.
- Lord of the Dance – Michael Flatley, Irish tap dancing, Hyde Park. 10/10
- Feet of Flames – Another Michael Flatley production. My Nana saw this one live!
I’ll leave it there for now, but I have no doubt I’ll be updating it real soon!
If you end watching any of these, let me know! I’d love to know what you think.
Wahoo! Now we're penpals!
Oops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
1 Comment Leave a comment ›